Saturday, November 18, 2006
Spring? Cleaning
Okay, so it was a Saturday, and we all know that traditionally means some housework must be done. But it is not Spring and the whole house should not have needed a thorough cleaning, but today that's what it got. We have had a bit of tick problem with the dog, so we had her treated and then called the neighborhood "terminix" man, ironically, his name is Boy. He showed up this morning and made a big mess. His equipment consists of a gas powered blower, like they use for farming. Now that sounds fine for the yard, but that's also what he used inside. Curtains flying out the windows, pictures blown from their nails, paint chips blasted from the ceiling; puddles of poisonous goo on the floor with Boy's muddy footprints tracked through. All this not to mention us transplanting ourselves around the house and yard to get away from the noxious fumes. When he had finished and I went in the house to assess the damage, I felt that I should call Nic (the insurance adjuster that he is). It was a war zone. A lamp on the floor, glass from a picture shattered, one dead lizard and hopefully buckets of dead bugs. Well, I don't need to replay what my day held, I should sleep good after a day of hard work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh louise! I can only imagine!! "Boy oh boy!" I'm glad it happened without house guests there yet! Love you!
Becky's phrase, "I can only imagine," was what had come to my head and I was going to write until I saw that she had already used it. Maybe it helps to know that you have friends who can imagine and feel your pain and frustration. Blessings to you and yours.
Post a Comment